13 October 2010

the desk

Furniture provides me with a great deal of inspiration. When I see a beautiful, well-crafted piece, my heart starts beating rapidly and I get weak in the knees.

I do not discriminate between types of furniture~ I love dressers as equally as I love chairs; tables are on the same level as bookshelves. The one thing that separates one from the other is, of course, design.
*
*sometimes I wish I lived in a home larger than nine hundred square feet,
but only so that I could collect more furniture*
*
A friend sent me a link to a terrific short from Aaron Trinder about "the desk" which you can see below. Due to the upsurge in mobility of technology, many people feel that the traditional use of the desk is coming to an end. Why be tethered to a slab of wood {or plastic, glass, metal~ your preference} when you can get your work done anywhere? Local coffee shops, park benches, and living room sofas are now fair game.
*

*
Why do you feel that the desk is necessary/obsolete?
*
Below, you will see the evolution of my workspace throughout the creation of a piece. Later, I will share with you an image of the same space after the end of a day.  I always need to start with a clean surface, but it certainly never ends up that way.
*
pimp myspace

No comments: