22 January 2008

six months...

* This is going to be a bit of a sad post. I already have tears in my eyes....

A little over six months ago, I found out that my best pal of eight years didn't have much longer to live. Humbert was a part of my identity...For heaven's sake, I drug the 120 pound beast with me everywhere, and he never complained a bit. I was always afraid of him leaving me, and I didn't know how I would ever be able to take it...

* and that is how Unconventional Ida began*

I decided to pour my whole heart, and all of my sadness into creating each and every one of my characters. I couldn't just sit on the couch and cry...I needed to create something memorable...for such a wonderful friend.

For the first two weeks of Unconventional Ida, I was blessed enough to have him with me, under my desk and by my feet, while I worked...

*I treasured every moment*

He is still comes with me everyday to the post office, thanks to another lovely etsian- Off The Beaten Path. She was kind enough to make me this custom Humbert tote...

I'd like to thank everyone that has supported my shop...
I am truly honored, and so very thankful.

* I miss you Boog*

k*

9 comments:

Angie said...

*hugs*

That was very sweet of the seller to make and give that bag to you. Your puppy was gorgous. (I say puppy, because I dont think dogs ever really grow up :)

Jacki - Plush Off said...

I am so sorry for your loss, it's so truely hard to lose such an important part of your life.

Erin said...

Humbee really was a great dog! The bond you two had was incredible. I know he misses you as much as you miss him!

*have fun eating all the doggie biscuits you can in doggie heaven Humbee! We love you*

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Congrats on turning something sad into something positive. He'll always be with you.

Dribs n' Drabs said...

I'm so sad to hear of your loss. I know how close you can get to a dear pet. May you find the comfort you need.

Anonymous said...

Humbert had the best human he could hope for. Wherever we go after our time here, Humbert's there remembering you as fondly as you remember him.

Anonymous said...

He will remain in your heart forever...so sorry to hear about the loss of your close friend.

xxx
Raven

Anonymous said...

I feel you on the part where you started your business from him. I started mine after my Gma died.

Rest in peace Dear Humbert. <3
Jen

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine the pain of losing one so loved. Hugs to you... xo.