03 February 2011

dreaming a little more...

Below are a few of my newest pieces for "Dreams of Spring." The areas on the work that look yellow are actually gold paint & pigment. I wish I was better at translating that through photography~ the pieces shimmer in the most delightful way.
*
*
The gold frames below will hold illustrated flowers,
and the black frame will contain a small diorama.
*
*
I photographed the beginning steps of my flowers.
Here is a peek~
*
*
Now I have to 
finish the green and blue flowers,
add gold circles,
varnish the piece,
attach in frame {under glass},
and repeat.
*
If you are in the Missoula area, you should definitely pop into Bernice's and check them out~ the show opens tomorrow!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are especially pretty! *love*

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Can't wait to see the flowers finished :-)

Laura Gabriele said...

I saw these at Bernices! They are great, I just love them!

Kelly Anne Dalton said...

Thanks everyone! I'm pleased with the way they turn out. I'm taking down the show tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to get some good pictures. *^_^*