01 March 2011

tattoo tuesday

Cheesy post title, I know. I just couldn't help it. *^_^*
*
*
Last year I posted about someone getting a Sister Kiute & the Bumblebee tattoo {above}. Now there are a few of my sweet Bellarosa popping up {below}! The one on the very bottom took a few details from my other Dia de los Muertos girls and combined them together. I think she looks awesome!

I've had quite a few requests about using my Day of the Dead girls for tattoos. I'm totally cool with it~ all I ask is that you send me a picture. 
I can't wait to see more!
*
*
I've been pondering the idea of getting a new tattoo for a while now.  My biggest struggle is whether or not I should design it. For some reason I waffle back and forth between my work or the work of someone else. What do you think about artists designing their own tattoos?

4 comments:

Micki Wilde said...

Love all of those tattoos!!
I am covered in tattoos and a whole heap of them are my own designs.
I say go for it, your art is wonderful and who better to permenantly own one of your pieces than you?
Wear it with pride I say :)

Hugs
Micki x

Unknown said...

I designed a simple sun that I put on my back. I love it more so because I know I drew it :-)

I agree with Micki, wear yours with pride! Besides, depending on where you put it, it'll be free advertising ;-)

Tiffany said...

I think it is a fantastic idea. I designed both the two that I have, and plan on getting more as my art evolves.

Also, I like to look at it as a collaboration between myself and my tattoo artist - That way the tiniest of differences (that only I will ever be able to see) becomes special. ♥

Anonymous said...

pretty much, anything you design will be so beautiful. only thing is, how do you pick one??? xo.